October 24, 1955
Richards Pizza opens on Dixie Highway (10 customers, $12.04 in sales).
July 11, 1956
Owner Richard Underwood introduces what is to become Richards' culinary cornerstone -- its world-famousItalian Steak Sandwich
July 25, 1956
The West Side Richards opens at the corner of Main and "D" streets.
Richard marries Peggy King and makes his restaurant a family business. Daughters Karen and Gayl are born "into" the business in 1962 and 1965.
The current West Side location at 417 Main Street (Richards' flagship restaurant) opens.
October 30, 1993
Hamilton celebrates "Richards Pizza Day" in honor of the restaurant's 13 millionth customer.
Richards inaugurates its now-traditional Holiday Season "Nationwide Famous Steak Send-Off."
"Make Your Own Pizza" parties make their appearance.
Richards, celebrates its 40th anniversary with a tour of Italy.
Richards' "Mmm Good" fudge becomes a part of the menu.
Richards puts its steak sandwiches and pizzas on wheels with the introduction of the restaurant's extremely popular concession trailer.
Richards opens a location in Trenton, OH.
Richards celebrates "50 years of Great Taste!" with steak sandwiches for 50 cents (the price in 1955),
a huge celebration, and the winner of the "Steak Sandwiches for Life" contest.
Richards opens its largest restaurant in Fairfield featuring banquet rooms, beer and wine.
The fifth location of Richards Pizza opens in Monroe, Ohio.
Richards Pizza on Dixie Hwy. in Hamilton moves 6 blocks south to a new, larger location.